(files to download)
Job Title: Lunchtime Supervisor Reports To: Facilities Manager
Grade/Pay Scale: RG3 Point 19 £2025 per annum
Employment Status: Permanent
Hours of Work/FTE: 5 hours per week, Monday Friday, term-time only
To assist the leadership team in securing the safety and welfare of students during lunch time break. This will involve effective supervision of students in and about the premises and site of the school in accordance with the general instruction of the Principal.
Supervision and control of students at the tuck shop, play areas and other areas of the school.
1. To supervise students at lunchtime whether indoors or outside in accordance with the instructions of the Facilities Manager.
2. Organising dinner queue at the tuck shop, ensuring good behaviour and calm atmosphere. Dealing with any poor behaviour that may occur by intervention or calling for assistance, reporting incidents to the Facilities Manager or other senior member of staff according to severity of incident.
3. Being aware of students on special or restricted diets for medical reasons from information provided by the school.
4. Ensuring students tidy/clear up in a satisfactory manner using the bins provided.
5. Sharing responsibility with other staff for the maintenance of order and discipline around the school site.
6. Supervision and control of students in the play areas and other areas of the school.
7. Ensuring that any students who suffer accident or injury are dealt with appropriate in accordance with the Schools agreed procedures.
8. To check that no student remains in outside areas when afternoon lessons are about to begin.
9. To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the School.
We require two lunchtime supervisors to supervise students during their lunch break from 1.15pm to 2.15pm.
For further details of the post and an application form, please contact the Principals PA on 0118 966 2966, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or download from this site.
Reading School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to a CRB check.
Closing Date for Applications: 27-Jun-2011Please mention School Job Search when replying to this advertisement
A Selective School for Boys, Day and Boarding
Reading School is proud of its long and distinguished history. We are an ancient school (800 years and counting) housed in a building of fine Victorian architecture. It is both a specialist environment for the very able and an important part of the life and culture of the town itself.
Every boy is encouraged to develop and attain his potential. Teaching and learning are key to what we do. Our teachers are highly skilled and thirsty for knowledge about their subject and about their practice. Our students respond to this in kind and achieve some of the best results nationally at all Key Stages.
We have a wide curriculum of examined and additional activities. Our passion is sharing our expertise and, increasingly, our resources with the local community. Our experience of international travel and partnerships knows no bounds. Recent sporting tours of Argentina, the Caribbean, South Africa and, most recently, New Zealand have been outstanding successes. Our dual subject specialisms in the Humanities and Science are testament to the connection we have made with the Specialist Schools ethos and further evidence, if any were needed, of a profound understanding of what Gifted and Talented education in a grammar school context means in practice.
We are very proud to announce that we were voted the Best State Secondary School in England in the recent Sunday Times Parent Power guide to outstanding schools (November 2010). This is a fabulous accolade which everyone connected with the school should be proud of coming on top of superb achievements in OFSTED and public examinations last summer 2010.